The 2nd World Congress of World Association on Dual Disorder will be held in Florence, Italy on October 25-27, 2018.
WADD2018Florence Scientific Committee is happy to provide facilities for Symposia, Free Communications and Poster Presentations.
To submit an abstract for a Symposium, Free Communication or Poster Presentation please see details below.
All the proposals must be sent to:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Submissions to Symposium
Symposia have a central theme around which the WADD2018Florence scientific committee has identified topics. The structure of the symposium will take the shape of 3 presentations with 30 minutes per presentation. The length of each symposium is 90 minutes.
Delegates are invited to submit an abstract of a symposium that they feel will ‘fit’ with the suggested themes and topics. The general theme is Dual Disorders: Towards a new paradigm in neuroscience to understand mental health
Suggested topics are:
- Policy Making in Dual Disorder patients
- Essential Decisions, Measuring Outcomes, Improving Care for Dual Disorder patients
- Use of Agonist Opioids in Dual Disorder/Heroin Use Disorder patients
- Use of Antagonist Opioids in Dual Disorder patients
- Genetic and Dual Disorder
- Psychopathological Patterns in Dual Disorder patients
- Predictors of Outcome in Dual Disorder patients
- Dual Disorder patients. Clinical and therapeutic aspects
- Recovery/Harm Reduction in Dual Disorder patients
- Combating Stigma in Dual Disorder patients
- Preventing Overdoses and Suicidality of Dual Disorder/Heroin Use Disorder patients
- Polyabuse in Dual Disorder patients
- Treatment of Infectious Diseases in Dual Disorder patients
- Clinical and Psychological Interventions in Dual Disorder patients
- Agonist Opioid Treatment for Dual Disorder/Heroin Use Disorder patients
- Detoxification Modalities in Dual Disorder patients
- New Developments in Dual Disorder Treatment
- Reducing Mortality in Dual Disorder patients
- Improving Efficacy, Reducing Risks of Treatment in Dual Disorder patients
Your submission will be reviewed by the WADD2018Florence scientific committee and a notification of acceptance will be announced in due course.
In order to submit a proposal for a Symposium presentation please click here
General guidelines to submit contribution/s to the Symposium
- Symposium title and presentations’ titles must be limited to 150 characters
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- The 3 speakers must register as WADD2018Florence delegates.
- The symposium organiser/s need to submit abstracts of all the proposed presentations using the same template as that for submissions to the free communications and/or posters.
- The first author is responsible for getting agreements from co-authors before submission
- If the individual submitting these proposals does not receive any confirmation by e-mail please contact the AU-CNS Team on email@example.com; Tel: +39 0584 790073/Fax: +39 0584 72081
- If the submitted abstracts are accepted the WADD2018Florence Team will contact you in a timely manner with the date and time of the presentation/s
- After the submission has been accepted for presentation, it will not be possible to make changes to the abstract and/or authorship
- Upon permission by authors, abstracts may be published by EUROPAD and authors need to check their acceptance for publication of abstract
- Any submitted abstracts will not be edited or proof-read before printing. The first author is responsible for his/her abstract
Call for Free Communications
Delegates are invited to submit an abstract of a free communication that they feel will ‘fit’ with the suggested themes and topics of the conference. Please note that procedure and general information are the same of the call for symposium.
In order to submit a proposal for a free communication presentation, please click here.
General guidelines to submit a Free Communication
- Abstract title must be limited to 150 characters
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- No chart or graphics should be included in the abstract
- The free communication presenter must register as WADD2018Florence delegate.
Call for Posters
Posters will be displayed during the whole conference. Please keep in mind that:
- Posters must present research programmes and results. Commercial posters will not be accepted
- Posters should meet the highest academic standards with respect to both content and form
- The information contained on the poster should speak for itself
- The standard poster-size is 60 x 100 cm. Substantial deviations from this model should be discussed with the organization committee
The poster sessions are open to all WADD2018Florence Congress delegates. Posters will be on display throughout the duration of the congress.
In order to submit a proposal for a poster presentation please click here.
General guidelines to submit a Poster
- All poster boards will be assigned with a number which corresponds to the Poster Number.
- Authors are required to mount their posters on the designated board and remove them during the time specified above.
- Please use push-pins to affix your poster presentation to the board firmly. The Secretariat will provide equipment and items required for affixing the posters.
- Any poster left after the scheduled removal time will be disposed of by the Secretariat
- There will be no presentations initiated by a session chair. The main authors should be present in front of their poster panels and be prepared to present them to participants during Discussion Time
- Authors/Presenters are responsible for disclosing all financial and personal relationships between themselves and others that might be perceived by others as biasing their work, even when there is nothing to disclose. To this effect, in the bottom right corner of your poster panel your brief summary of conflict(s) of interest should be posted.
- The individuals putting in the submission must register as WADD2018Florence delegates.
- Symposium, Free Communications and Posters Submission Deadline: August 1th 2018
- Notification of Decisions: September 1th 2018
WADD2018Florence Scientific Committee:
WADD Executive Committee
Pedro Ruiz (USA)
Miguel Casas (Spain)
Nestor Szerman (Spain)
Icro Maremmani (Italy)
WADD-Italia Scientific Committee
Giampaolo Spinnato (Palermo)
Icro Maremmani (Pisa)
Vinicio Claudio Romano (Piazza Armerina)
Riccardo Gionfriddo (Siracusa)
Francesco Lamanna (Pisa)