The 13th European Opiate Addiction Treatment Association (EUROPAD) conference will be held in Krakow, Poland on May 25-27, 2018.
EUROPAD2018Krakow Scientific Committee is happy to provide facilities for Symposia, Free Communications and Poster Presentations.
To submit an abstract for a Symposium, Free Communication or Poster Presentation please see details below.
Call for Submissions to Symposium
Symposia have a central theme around which the EUROPAD2018Krakow scientific committee has identified topics. The structure of the symposium will take the shape of 4 presentations with 30 minutes per presentation. The length of each symposium is 120 minutes.
Delegates are invited to submit an abstract of a symposium that they feel will ‘fit’ with the suggested themes and topics. The general theme is Heroin Addiction and Related Clinical Problems. Suggested topics are:
- Policy Making in Heroin Addiction and Related Clinical Problems
- Essential Decisions, Measuring Outcomes, Improving Care for Heroin Substance Use Disorder Patients
- Use of Agonist Opioids in Comorbid Psychiatric Patients
- Use of Antagonist Opioids in Psychiatric Patients
- Prescription Opioid Management
- Genetic and Opioid Addiction
- Behavioural Correlates of Craving for Opioids
- Psychopathological Patterns in Heroin Addicted Patients
- Predictors of Outcome in Heroin Addiction
- Opioid Addiction Mechanisms
- Comorbidity in Opioid Dependent Patients
- Recovery/Harm Reduction
- Combating Stigma
- Preventing Overdoses and Suicidality of Heroin Addicts
- Former Heroin Addicted Alcohol Use Patients
- Polyabuse in Heroin Addicted Patients
- Agonist Opioid Treatment and Dual Diagnosis
- Treatment of Infectious Diseases in Heroin Addiction
- Clinical and Psychological Interventions in Heroin Addiction
- Agonist Opioid Treatment
- Detoxification Modalities
- New Developments in Heroin Addiction Treatment
- Reducing Mortality in Heroin Addiction
- Improving Efficacy, Reducing Risks of Treatment
- Prescription Opioid Misuse
Your submission will be reviewed by the EUROPAD2018Krakow scientific committee and a notification of acceptance will be announced in due course.
In order to submit a proposal for a Symposium presentation please click here.
General guidelines to submit contribution/s to the Symposium
- Symposium title and presentations’ titles must be limited to 150 characters
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- The 4 speakers must register as EUROPAD2018Krakow delegates. In case of symposium acceptance they will receive free of charge registration to the conference and two-night accommodation.
- The first author is responsible for getting agreements from co-authors before submission
- If the individual submitting these proposals does not receive any confirmation by e-mail please contact the AU-CNS Team on firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +39 0584 790073/Fax: +39 0584 72081
- If the submitted abstract is accepted the EUROPAD2018Krakow Team will contact you in a timely manner with the date and time of the presentation/s
- Once the symposium organiser/s has been notified that the submission for a proposed symposium has been successful, the same symposium organiser/s need to submit abstracts of all the proposed presentations in a timely manner as per above using the same template as that for submissions to the free communications and/or posters.
- After the submission has been accepted for presentation, it will not be possible to make changes to the abstract and/or authorship
- Upon permission by authors, abstracts may be published by EUROPAD and authors need to check their acceptance for publication of abstract
- Any submitted abstracts will not be edited or proof-read before printing. The first author is responsible for his/her abstract
Call for Free Communications
Delegates are invited to submit an abstract of a free communication that they feel will ‘fit’ with the suggested themes and topics of the conference. Please note that procedure and general information are the same of the call for symposium.
In order to submit a proposal for a free communication presentation, please click here.
General guidelines to submit a Free Communication
- Abstract title must be limited to 150 characters
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- No chart or graphics should be included in the abstract
- The free communication presenter must register as EUROPAD2018Krakow delegate. In case of free communication acceptance he/she will receive free of charge registration to the conference.
Call for Posters
Posters will be displayed during the whole conference. Please keep in mind that:
- Posters must present research programmes and results. Commercial posters will not be accepted
- Posters should meet the highest academic standards with respect to both content and form
- The information contained on the poster should speak for itself
- The standard poster-size is 60 x 100 cm. Substantial deviations from this model should be discussed with the organization committee
The poster sessions are open to all EUROPAD2018Krakow Congress delegates. Posters will be on display throughout the duration of the congress.
In order to submit a proposal for a poster presentation please click here.
General guidelines to submit a Poster
- All poster boards will be assigned with a number which corresponds to the Poster Number.
- Authors are required to mount their posters on the designated board and remove them during the time specified above.
- Please use push-pins to affix your poster presentation to the board firmly. The Secretariat will provide equipment and items required for affixing the posters.
- Any poster left after the scheduled removal time will be disposed of by the Secretariat
- There will be no presentations initiated by a session chair. The main authors should be present in front of their poster panels and be prepared to present them to participants during Discussion Time
- Authors/Presenters are responsible for disclosing all financial and personal relationships between themselves and others that might be perceived by others as biasing their work, even when there is nothing to disclose. To this effect, in the bottom right corner of your poster panel your brief summary of conflict(s) of interest should be posted.
- The individuals putting in the submission must register as EUROPAD2018Krakow delegates. In case of poster acceptance they will receive 50% reduced registration fees to the conference.
- Symposium, Free Communications and Posters Submission Deadline: December 1th 2017
- Notification of Decisions: January 1th 2018
EUROPAD2018Krakow Scientific Committee:
Icro Maremmani (Pisa, Italy)
Edward Jacek Gorzelanczyk (Bydgoszcz, Poland)
Marc Reisinger (Brussels, Belgium)
Andrej Kastelic (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
Adrian-Octavian Abagiu (Bucarest, Romania)
Hannu Alho (Helsinki, Finland)
Marc Auriacombe (Bordeaux, France)
Sergey Dvoriak (Kiev, Ukraine)
Michael Farrel (Sydney, New South Wales, Australia)
Loretta Finnegan (Satellite Beach, Florida, USA)
Gabriele Fischer (Vienna, Austria)
Gilberto Gerra (UNODC)
Milazim Gjocjaj (Pristina, Kosovo)
Liljana Ignjatova (Skopje, Macedonia)
Ante Ivancic (Porec, Croatia)
Minja Jovanovic (Kragujevac, Serbia)
Alexander Kantchelov (Sofia, Bulgaria)
Mercedes Lovrecic (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
Angelo G.I. Maremmani (Viareggio, Italy)
Garret McGovern (Dublin, Ireland)
Genci Mucullari (Tirana, Albania)
Lubomir Okruhlica (Bratislava, Slovak Republic)
Mark Parrino (Ney York, New York, USA)
Luis Patricio (Lisbon, Portugal)
Einal Peles (Tel Aviv, Israel)
Giulio Perugi (Pisa, Italy)
Jens Reimer (Hamburg, Germany)
Marta Torrens (Barcelona, Spain)
Didier Touzeau (Bagneux France)
Ambros Uchtenhagen (Zurich, Switzerland)
Albrecht Ulmer (Stuttgart, Germany)
Peter Vossenberg (Deventer, The Netherlands)
Helge Waal (Oslo, Norway)
Stephan Walcher (Munich, Germany)
Download the Free Communication and Poster abstract form in PDF Format
Download the Europad Symposium abstract form in PDF Format